AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Paul
I use an AutoGlym car wash kit, the shampoo and wax are excellent, but I am begining to wish I had never used the glass cleaner. It did make the windscreen very clean at first and I was very happy - until it rained. I have never had any problem with my wipers streaking before, or just not clearing the water from the screen. The thing that really puzzels me is that I also used it on my rear window, which now takes an age to clear dew in the morning with the heated window! This has got worse as it has started to wear off, what did I do wrong? How can I get rid of it? I don't think I used too much.

Is there a glass cleaner that would give the results I won't?
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - KB
Try the 'RainX' glass cleaning compound. Works OK for me. If all else fails, use a spirit based cleaner to get it all off. Not white spirit but methylated spirit or even one of the solvents that evaporates almost immediately ie. brake cleaner or tuolene or cellulose thinners. (Keep it away from the paintwork).

I'd stick to the RainX though.

KB.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Alwyn
Try ordinary glass cleaner from the supermarket to try to shift it. I would never use the de-mister to clear car dew from the windows.

A large jug of cold water will clear all the windows in no time and then you have full vision all around.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Paul
just too lazy in the morning, I guess.

Cheers guys.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Nipsy
Don't use it on the outside use an additive in the screen wash - Mercedes-Benz sell an excellent one. I use AutoGlym on the inside and it is very effective and seems to slow any buildup of dirt.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Pat
I have found Mer windscren cleaner is very effective on the outside, and Halfords window cleaner on the inside. I now tend to use, for convenience, Holts Screenies wipes on all windows - they are quick and effective. They cost about £2 for 20 in Halfords but you can get them for about £1 at the poundstretcher type shops. Useful for cleaning the edges of doors, sills etc as well.

Regards,

Pat
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - J Bonington Jagworth
A large jug of warm water is even better...
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Bryan L.
I,ve tried everything mentioned below including almost neat Daz, etc. Rainex does what it claims in repelling water but turn the windscreen wipers on and I got the same effect as using polish on the windscreen. I was particularly dissapointed with the results of Halfords Glass cut, the screen was just as smeary afterwards when using the wipers, yes I did clean those thouroughly as well. My wife suggested an old method - vinager. Use a cotton cloth or paper towel and plenty of elbow grease, it takes time but did a better job than any of the modern glass cleaners.
Bryan L.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Mark (Brazil)
Brian - like your wife said, but with newspaper; It works for me.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Bryan L.
Mark,
Agreed. It's a good idea to have a newspaper handy when using a hire car, it doesn't cost. I believe the print makes it work.
Bryan L
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - Peter M.
I remember that 'Practical Mechanics' Tom McCahill suggested Coca Cola as the most effective method of clearing traffic film off windscreens - this was in the 1960s. Worth A try?
P.
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - vin
If you can find an Amway pyramid selling rep in your area (normally easy to find as they will have repeatedly invited you to their meetings), try their See Spray cleaner - it is terrific, and a five or six pound can lasts years.

V
Re: AutoGlym Glass Cleaner - KB
I did make a point of suggesting RainX Cleaning compound - not ordinary RainX Repellant.

KB.