MP3 through Sony head unit - Chug, Rattle & Knock
I have a Sony head unit (CDX-CA650) in my 306 and want to be able to play my MP3 player (not an iPod) through it. The head unit will take a CD changer (although I don't have one fitted), so it has the red and white BUS line-in and BUS control in. I asked at a local auto shop if I could connect my MP3 player, but they said I couldn't as I need an AUX input. My only options are therefore to buy a new head unit or use a FM transmitter.

I would appreciate if someone could confirm this is the case, and if the FM transmitters are any good.

Thanks in advance.
MP3 through Sony head unit - thomp1983
you need this bit of kit, it's unfortunately the only option for sony headunits although i don't think it's too bad a price

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-Car-Audio-Aux-in-adapter-iPod-...m

chris
MP3 through Sony head unit - Collos25
Just use the audio in/out leads with a convertor to jack plug worked with my Sony .
MP3 through Sony head unit - Chug, Rattle & Knock
I tried connecting directly into the CD changer input but was unable to select the source.

The link to the item on ebay seems exactly what is required - it makes the headunit think there's a CD changer when it's only an MP3. Couldn't find this info anywhere else on the net (although I didn't try ebay). Many thanks.