SUV's Glug Glug - Alwyn
Story in todays paper of a gent who parked his Shogun on Black Rock Sands Portmadoc, North Wales. The inshore life boat eventually put a buoy on it to mark it as a hazard to boats after it disappeared beneath Neptunes waves.

Black Rock is well known for its solid drive-on-able sands.

Moral is, follow the tide down, as we beachfisher chaps say, and don't forget your tide tables or check the local paper.

Also any A55 drivers should be aware of road works along the route. There is a speed camera in the road works at St Asaph.

There have also been Gatso flashes in the road works at Penmaenmawr. I am told this is because, instead of a constant 50 limit through the works, it drops to 40 for a short stretch and guess where the camera is?

I fully see the need to protect workers at road works but the good ol' Welsh Assembly has said there will be no workers there over the Bank Holiday weekend.

I have not seen the above personally, and am relying on what others tell me, so there.
Re: SUV's Glug Glug - Mahatma Coate
Haven't seen an A55 in years. My grandfather used to have a blue and white one.
Re: SUV's Glug Glug - Alwyn
I had an A110 Westminster. Gas guzzler.
Re: SUV's Glug Glug - THe Growler
With a column shift where you got a prize if you managed to find reverse.
Re: SUV's Glug Glug - Brian
Growler
Did it have reverse?
My father in law had one and we just pushed it backwards! ;-)
Re: SUV's Glug Glug - Brian
There is a car park on the north Norfolk coast (name escapes me) which floods at Spring tides.
We were up there a couple of years ago and someone hadn't realised this. One car sat in the middle with the water slowly coming up, eventually to about the middle of the wheels. As it was locked nobody could do anything.
The effect on the electrics was interesting though, I think the lights flashed on and off, the wipers did the same, etc. etc.
Re: SUV's Glug Glug - Mark (Brazil)
I used to windsurf at Lee on Solent - right by Angie's shack, in case you are familiar with the area.

We windsurfed the aftermath of the hurricane. It was lethal, and we did make it into the papers - it wasn't positive, something about irresponsible surfers.

However, its a stony beach, and the waves were big enough to get to the van. The bonnet looked like someone had taken a hammer to it, the windscreen was smashed, and the car was full of water, sand, stones, and other somewhat less desirable stuff often found in the Solent.

However, as it was an extremely old Transit, I hosed it down inside and out, had the w/s replaced and carried on for a year or two. Fair to say the electrics were never the same again, nor was the seat.

Eventually the bottom rusted right out of it, which I suspect was connected to its lifestyle and the care and loving I never showed it.

M.