world's largest pothole - P.Mason {P}
I found this on a link from the 'Car Talk' site. No explanatory text - does anyone have any info. on it? The aftermath of a flood or earthquake?

tinyurl.com/wm4su

P.
world's largest pothole - pmh
That isnt large!
IIRC there was one that swallowed a double decker bus somewhere in the UK about 30 years ago. Somebody else will probably remember, mean wwhilw I will keep searching for pictures.
--

pmh (was peter)

world's largest pothole - henry k
Not in the UK .
www.suntelephoto.com/reuter/topics/R031125T-LIS02D...g
tinyurl.com/y8tszw
world's largest pothole - henry k
tinyurl.com/y8chsz . Thanks to Tinyurl ( reduced from 624 chars)
A very strange UK happening.
world's largest pothole - Chas{P}
Looks like it was caused by a burst water main.
world's largest pothole - Craig_1969
This was in Norwich in 1986. Appparently.

tinyurl.com/ykkjg8
world's largest pothole - Cliff Pope
The OP's incident was a kind of Jeremy Beadle stunt to see the reaction of the fat man with the carrier bag. Result ? nothing.

Note the over-acting by the driver in the yellow shirt.
world's largest pothole - CGNorwich
Yep Craig you're right - Earlham Road Norwich. Was caught up in the chaos it caused - believe it was a subsidence on site of medieval chalk or flint mine which caused the collapse. Have been several other similar collapses but none quite as spectacular. Norwich is apperently riddled with ancient underground workings.
world's largest pothole - uk_in_usa
What about this from Russia

englishrussia.com/?p=560
world's largest pothole - uk_in_usa
Whoops, that should say Ukraine. Fancy one Lada, hardly used, some water damage?
world's largest pothole - Round The Bend
The Norwich one was great fun. I remember going to take some photos the following morning.

The advertising agency for Cadburys published an ad showing stricken bus withe the strapline "Nothing fills a hole like a double-decker".
_______
IanS