Leading traffic officer fined over speed - madf
tinyurl.com/yyk3ud
madf
Leading traffic officer fined over speed - Jonathan {p}
Fined £500 but no points because he "is akin to a managing director" what's that about?
Leading traffic officer fined over speed - Peter D
Where in the RTA does it sa no points for "akin to the managing director" then. Perhaps this only relates to Failure to furnish as the MD may well not be able to identify who was driving one of his company vehicles. Regards Peter
Leading traffic officer fined over speed - Murphy The Cat
What a great excuse, I'll have to remember that one if ever I'm in the same situation.
MTC
Leading traffic officer fined over speed - Hamsafar
Does it come out of my taxes, or his own pocket?
Leading traffic officer fined over speed - smokie
I like this story.

It shows that, at least some of the time, the police are accountable in the same way as Joe Public, despite many views on here to the contrary.

It probably comes from police budgets (yes, us) in just the same way a company would probably pay any fines the company secretary (or whoever) incurred for the same reason. I don't believe many companies are prosecuted for this though (but I have no evidence to support!)
Police Accountable? No way! - Armitage Shanks {p}
Not even vaguely accountable IMHO! Readers of this forum and/or this thread will be amazed to learn that out of 161 unmarked police cars caught speeding, just in SouthYorkshire, the police were unable to name the driver or the named driver was not prosecuted in 147 cases. 13 officers paid fixed penalties and 1 appreared in court.. Details in the tiny url link above. I47 unidentifiable drivers is evasion not accountability!

Police Accountable? No way! - Jonathan {p}
Not even vaguely accountable IMHO! Readers of this forum and/or this
thread will be amazed to learn that out of 161 unmarked
police cars caught speeding, just in SouthYorkshire, the police were unable
to name the driver or the named driver was not prosecuted
in 147 cases. 13 officers paid fixed penalties and 1 appreared
in court.. Details in the tiny url link above. I47 unidentifiable
drivers is evasion not accountability!

I think it means that 147 were caught on camera speeding during the course of their work and were therefore exempt.

It goes on to say that 7 drivers a year are not identified.
Police Accountable? No way! - mjm
I am sat indoors, in the warm, with food, drink etc at my disposal. Outside it is blowing a gale and throwing it down. I was supposed to be playing golf today but we decided to call it off. The traffic reports on the radio are giving warnings of bridge closures, trees coming down, all the usual bad weather problems.

Out there, with no choice over the matter, getting blown about, wet and generally fed up are police working to sort out any mayhem caused.

I, for one have no wish to swap places with them.

The policeman in question was fined for not providing the driver's name, not for speeding.

In this season of goodwill, can we not accept that the matter is closed as far as the court is concerned and remember that the job consists of far more than "getting away with things"?
Police Accountable? No way! - midlifecrisis
You've just joined my xmas card list mjm :-) (Just about to leave to spend ten hours+ in those storms )
Police Accountable? No way! - mjm
Thank you mlf, good luck.

PS A cheque in with the card is always appreciated. LOL
Police Accountable? No way! - tack
In the Met and in the City of London, there is a log held in every vehicle. This log is completed by the driver and gives date, times, mileage start/end and very very brief detail of the journey (i.e. Patrol , or A to B re prisoner collection, etc) I can only assume that whoever had the car out failed to complete the log. But hey, win some lose some...it ain't the end of the world. There are much worse things in this world to get uppity about

I think it fair that the fine comes out of public coffers......however, you can bet your bottom dollar that an order will have gone out from the top to ensure it doesn't happen again and a review will be held on the booking out procedure.
Police Accountable? No way! - madf
"an order will have gone out from the top to ensure it doesn't happen again and a review will be held on the booking out procedure."

The problem is "the top" appears to be the cause of the problem, doing 47 in a 40 limit/not booking in car etc..
madf
Police Accountable? No way! - tack
"Top appears to be the problem"

sorry? not with you.......
Police Accountable? No way! - Pugugly {P}
nor me.