Mondeo trip computer memory? - fredbloggs
Hi,

I have a Mondeo TDCi Ghia from 2005 (54 reg) and the trip computer seems to have some memory. Is this normal?

Basically if I drive for a couple of thousand miles on a motorway at about 70mph it eventually gets upto reporting about 54mpg from 47 or so. Same driving style the whole time so can't see how it changes from 47 to 54.

Have now started going to work along country lanes and it has plummeted back to 45 (as i'd expect) but when I revert to motorways it stays at about that reading.

Is anyone else's computer that stagnant? Is this a feature?

Just wondering whether mine is strange.

Cheers

Mark
Mondeo trip computer memory? - jc2
Depends how you set up your computer;there are instant readings and other figures-like last "X" miles,last tankfull,last time since reset to zero.
Mondeo trip computer memory? - mss1tw
Yes my Toledo has instant and average MPG. Sounds like you are on average.

Instant is semi useful but can often go from 13.1MPG to --.- as I work through the gears.

Useful on the motorway though.
Mondeo trip computer memory? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Passat has a long term memory (covers up to ~3000miles) plus a memory of the last 1.5 hours or so.
Takes a lot of driving to affect the long term memory readouts.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Mondeo trip computer memory? - fredbloggs
How do you set that, can't find it anywhere?

Thanks
Mondeo trip computer memory? - cheddar
The Mondeo trip average is based on something like a rolling 50 miles*, so for the first 50 miles (or so) on the motorway the back road consumption will be accounted for. The answer is to reset the trip MPG as you join the motorway.

*Not sure exactly, the handbook may say though I dont have mine in front of me.