Erskine Bridge's missing toll - frazerjp
Hi all, does anyone know why the tolls have disappeared on Erskine bridge which is between Glasgow & Geenock on the M898 over the river Clyde.
Not that im complaining of course it saved me £1 when i went over it this morning! :-P
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Erskine Bridge's missing toll - bell boy
i thought it was a vote winner
Erskine Bridge's missing toll - colino
I think they disappeared a good few weeks ago when (as every river crossing) it was realised the couldn't justify a ridiculous charge for driving down any other UK motorway.
Erskine Bridge's missing toll - Falkirk Bairn
Every Scottish Bridge apart from Forth & Tay. Skye was worst toll with the fee being over £5 but there were difficulties over legality of charging - still to be tested in court as hundreds of non-payers have a criminal record for not paying.

New Bridge to replace Forth will be megabucks so the toll is likely to be of a similar value.
Erskine Bridge's missing toll - commerdriver
They disappeared several months ago as a show of Scots generosity to travelling English tourists in the hope that English authorities will eventually be as generous to Scots tourists :-)
Erskine Bridge's missing toll - bhoy wonder
Tolls disappeared in April. It was done to bring more business to the area and to try and ease the traffic on the kinston bridge.

Ask Honest John

Value my car