Facelifted Peugeot 307 - mscott
I have just had one of these (a 110 diesel) as a hire car for two weeks, and quite liked it. Can anyone tell me if the facelifted model has overcome to reliabilty/poor build problems of the earlier version? Thanks.
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - daveyjp
Don't know about the 307, but I did see my first 207 with the bonnet up and recovery truck in attendence this morning. First 207 I've seen as well. I know any car can break down, but it confirmed my theory of avoiding a new model until problems have been sorted.
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - cheddar
Hope it is better than the 3dr 2.0 petrol I drove a couple of years ago.
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - DP
The 307 replaced the Focus as the "standard issue" company car at my last workplace due to a very good deal being offered by Peugeot's fleet department.

I personally found it horrible. The 2.0 HDi engine was as nice as ever, but having previously covered 80,000 miles in a 306, the whole car felt bulky, wallowy and dull.

They were very problematic too. The fleet manager stopped ordering them after 6 months because none made it through the first year without at least one significant fault. They then went to Meganes which were lovely to drive, but again troublesome.

My Megane was only two months old when I left, but was already showing signs of electrical gremlins. The build quality and panel fit was also dreadful.

Last I heard, they were going back to Focuses.
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - Armitage Shanks {p}
I have a 2 year old 307 which has to date been trouble free, I accept that I have perhaps been lucky! That said, the new 307 is the old one with a very ugly face-lift! Underneath it is substantially the same so if you buy one you with either be lucky or not!
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - Mystic
I've got a 2 year old one too.
No issues at all.
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - LeePower
New facelifted 307 uses a full Bosch CAN - CAN electrical system, Its should be a lot better then the previous 307s CAN - BUS system.
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - Adam {P}
I see this all the time. What does it mean? What would I see from it?
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - Adam {P}
And is it purely Peugeots that use it? What would mine me? a CAN-BUS system? A BUS-BUS system?

Facelifted Peugeot 307 - Armitage Shanks {p}
All is revealed, in engineer gobbledegook at

www.electronicstalk.com/news/ari/ari170.html

A french car with German electrics - that might be an improvement
Facelifted Peugeot 307 - LeePower
Bosch developed CAN electrical systems in the around 1986.

Mercedes where the first to bring CAN electrical systems to cars.

Peugeot / Citroen followed on a few years later bring CAN to us common people & now other manufactures are following suit.

Fiat, VAG, Vauxhall, Ford use it that I know of.

Your 307 is most likely a CAN - BUS system, The newer ones are full CAN - CAN.

CAN is also sometimes called by another name Multiplex