2001 Astra 1.6 8 valve torque curve - plonker
Could someone help me to find a torque v rev/min curve for this Astra engine?
2001 Astra 1.6 8 valve torque curve - Number_Cruncher
Using data from;

astra.autokacik.pl/download/ople-2001.pdf

and a method very similar to;

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=42...2

produces a graph like this;

tinyurl.com/z25jh

There are a number of assumptions and simplifications, so these curves may be some way off - but I think they are a reasonable first approximation.

Why do you ask for the information?

I would be interested to see if there are more official/accurate data for comparison - it is always good to see where a method or estimation is poor, or could be improved.

Number_Cruncher
Thanks Number Cruncher. tinyyrl etc seems to say it all really!
I've had a look at your earlier post and I'll look again, but not late at night!
I'm a retired CEng with a lifelong interest in cars, and I've just bought a 2001 Astra which should see me out!
Cheers.
2001 Astra 1.6 8 valve torque curve - Mike-H
Have you tried Vauxhall? When I sold the cars in the 80,s, torque and power curves were available to show to interested parties. I worked in Derby, where you could guarantee some engineer fron Rolls-Royce aero division would come in with every new model asking, some obscure question, which I liked to answer. Mike
Thanks Mike-H.
See my reply to Number Cruncher. I have actually popped an e-mail to Vauxhall.

2001 Astra 1.6 8 valve torque curve - jc2
Most manufacturers have what is usually called an "industrial engine" dept.who are only too happy to supply not just the info but engines and all other car parts;firms like Caterham and others are supported by these people.