Peugeot 306 losing power? - Ben Boxall
Hi there, i hope you can help me.

My peugeot 306 is causing me problems in the wet, it loses power whilst driving along and could be quite dangerous. It seems as if it is water getting into something as it tends to work itself off.

Also i have trouble starting it on mornings when it has been raining and after one such morning when i did eventually get it going i now get a strange smell coming through into the cabin ( this is becoming less potent but is still there ).

I am sure somebody else must have or have had this problem, hope you can help,

Ben.
Re: Peugeot 306 losing power? - Honest John
Open the bonnet in the dark when the car is wet, get someone else to turn the key and look for sparks dancing around the engine compartment. If you see them, fit a new set of HT leads. That's assuming the 306 has a petrol engine.

HJ
Re: Peugeot 306 losing power? - Big Vern
If you do this make sure the bonnet is on its stand and you are not leaning on the car. I got a big jolt across my chest by holding the wet bonnet up with my right hand, and pointing at (approx 10 cm away) the distrubutor cap with my left. It is bad to get a shock from one arm to the other across the chest as it is more likely to effect your heart. Lesson learn't, don't hold a wet bonnet with your hand. seems so bleeden obvious now!!!