Urgent Focus engine mgnt light question? - cheddar
Hello,

My dad has bought a Focus, 2002 2.0 Ghia, he went to clean under the bonnet (OK, perhaps unwise) and disconnected the plug leads. He clearly did not reconnect one leade properly because the car ran on three cyls when started, he checked and found the loose plug lead and now it runs fine on four cyls however the engine managment light is on and the dealer want £50 to reset it.

Will disconnnecting the battery reset it?

Any other ideas?

Many thanks.
Urgent Focus engine mgnt light question? - bell boy
try it if you have the radio code?
just looked and sorry according to my book it needs plugging in eobd is above clutch pedal,a customer has just told me that maccess do a code resetter for £90 so they may be only £50 on that internet auction site
Thanks oldman, I have phoned my friendly Ford dealer who says it is worth trying the battery disconnect for at least 30 mins, no guarantees though it depends on what fault was recorded and accordingly where it is stored, dad is therefore getting his toolkit out.

The dealer also said that some such faults are cancelled after 24 ignition cycles, starting and stopping the engine 24 times, if no further faults occur in the mean time.

Regards.
thanks for the feedback.........duly stored in case i ever need it.
Apparently disconnecting the battery has done the trick. Thanks.