Oil Prices and Terrorists - Jonathan {p}
Looks like oil's coming down

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5058822.stm

Oil Prices and Terrorists - Xileno {P}
There will be someone else to replace Abu Musab al-Zarqawi before long. Whether the oil price drops to a more sensible level will depend on if there's a successful resolution to the Iran problem. Supply and demand are very tightly balanced at the moment and Manouchehr Mottaki (Iranian foreign minister) vowed that Iran will match any sanctions with measures of its own. And they don't export carrots...
Oil Prices and Terrorists - Thommo
US army are building huge rather permanent looking barracks and fortifications around the oil installations in the South of Iraq.

Can't for the life of me think why? They're withdrawing from the country soon aren't they?

As an interesting piece of trivia al-Zarqawi used to be a nightclub bouncer...
Oil Prices and Terrorists - Chris S
As an interesting piece of trivia al-Zarqawi used to be a
nightclub bouncer...

Aren't you mixing him up with that bloke with a hook?
Oil Prices and Terrorists - geoff1248
You mean that guy in the Peter Pan film?
Oil Prices and Terrorists - Thommo
Nope al-Zarqawi was at one point a nightclub bouncer.
And it's Abu Hamza al-Muhajir.
Oil Prices and Terrorists - Avant
....As opposed to Abdul el Bulbul Amir, who came to blows with Ivan Slavinsky Skavar in the old ballad.

The chairman of BP thinks oil prices wll eventually come down, but not yet. I should think both Iran and Iraq will need to stabilise before there's any consistent reduction: all it takes is some silly Press-inspired scare (American more than ours) for it to shoot up again.
Oil Prices and Terrorists - martint123
The BP guy was quoting $40 a barrel. New resources and more efficient ways to extract from what were uneconomical areas
Oil Prices and Terrorists - madf
He also said short term prices would stay up...
madf
Oil Prices and Terrorists - midlifecrisis
Oil prices might come down....I bet fuel prices don't!
Oil Prices and Terrorists - Collos25
Oil supply is based on demand ,oil prices are deteremined by governments,speculators and oil companies and as such I doubt if they will ever come down.
The developed world needs to wake up. Whilst there may be some short term realignment in price, the overall trend will be upwards. The International Energy Agency projects global demand for oil will reach 121 million barrels a day by 2030. That's a 47.5% increase from today's level.

There is virtually no spare capacity in global oil production. Demand and supply are virtually balanced. Demand from China is forecast to double, while US demand grows a further 25%.

This is why the USA are so keen to solve the Iran issue. The fact is the West needs them more than they need us. And they know it.
Oil Prices and Terrorists - martint123
Oil prices might come down....I bet fuel prices don't!

Down to 92.9 round here from 98.9 a couple of weeks ago.