Europe and spare tyres - Statistical outlier
Afternoon all,

I'll probably regret asking a question about Europe, but...

I'm planning on going down to Europe for two weeks in the summer, mainly France, but possibly Austria, Germany, Swizerland and Italy as well. I've just read on another thread that in Spain, it's law that you have a spare tyre. Is this true in any other countries? I've got an Accord, and don't have a spare tyre, just a stupid foam inflator thing, so could be a bit of a problem.

So, my question is - do I have a problem? (keep this to the car please, you're entitled to your more general opinions, but... ;-) )

Gord.
Europe and spare tyres - T Lucas
I rent Kia Picantos from Hertz in Spain and all they have is an electric compressor and some repair fluid.I guess thats legal.
Europe and spare tyres - Dynamic Dave
So, my question is - do I have a problem?

No mention of it on the RAC or AA websites:-

www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/atoz.html

snipurl.com/mvuj

www.rac.co.uk/web/travelservices/european_motoring.../

snipurl.com/mvuh

Make sure you pack a reflective jacket though as that is something that is compulsory in Spain, should you break down and have to exit the vehicle.
Europe and spare tyres - henry k
Make sure you pack a reflective jacket...

>>
Last week, I purchased a simple tabbard type vest in The £ Shop.
I have not unpacked it yet so I am not sure what size it is.
I thought I would risk the investment.
Europe and spare tyres - Xileno {P}
Screwfix do a good quality relective jacket for about £3 IIRC.
Europe and spare tyres - BazzaBear {P}
Make sure you pack a reflective jacket though as that is
something that is compulsory in Spain, should you break down and
have to exit the vehicle.

I knew this when I went to Europe, but what I didn't realise, and I think is worth pointing out, is that this information is incomplete.
You legally have to have one reflective jacket PER OCCUPANT.
It has to be said though, that might have been for a country other than Spain (quite likely since I didn't go there) I can't remember the exact country, or even if there was more than one. They're not a very expensive buy though...
Europe and spare tyres - Collos25
Yes you are ok ,cars without spare tyres are available in all European countries the most common is the MB a class but you must ba able to produce the aerosol if asked.You will also need unopened firstaid kit, fire extinguisher,two triangles,reflective vests,and spare bulbs.
Europe and spare tyres - Armitage Shanks {p}
And, if in Spain and you need glasses for driving, you must be able to produce a spare pair!
Europe and spare tyres - mike hannon
And, I think, TWO reflective triangles...
Europe and spare tyres - IanJohnson
Spare pair of spectacles for Germany as well

Reflective jackets are mandatory in France now - for every occupant. Found the law a few weeks ago but can't find the link now.