Livening up a motorway journey - Thommo
I have to do about 300 miles mainly om motorways today.

To live up the journey I will add £1 for every VOSA vehicle I see. Doubled it if it is parked in a totally inappropriate and unsafe place such as the roundabout on the A43/M40 junction.

Minus £1 for any marked police vehicles I see (obviously expecting this to be nil) and the net will be donated to Leukaemia Research.
Livening up a motorway journey - Happy Blue!
Well done. An excellent idea!

You should also add on £1 for every lorry that pulls out into your lane without warning and £2 if your headlights are on at the time.

Deduct £1 for every Japanese car on the hard shoulder less than eight years old (obviously expecting this to be nil)!
--
Espada III - well if you have a family and need a Lamborghini, what else do you drive?
Livening up a motorway journey - pmh
How about adding £1 everytime you realise that you have broken the 2sec rule (if it is dry). This should encourage you to increase the gap and drive more economically, could be self financing depending on what your driving style is normally.

How about a penalty for applying the brakes in any given 10 mile section to encourage forward planning.

I am not sure whether you wnat to minimise or maximise the amount that you give to charity!
--

pmh (was peter)

Livening up a motorway journey - Thommo
'You should also add on £1 for every lorry that pulls out into your lane without warning and £2 if your headlights are on at the time.'

I'm not a millionaire!

Result was £10. 4 VOSA vehicles, 3 VOSA vehicles parked in stupid/dangerous places, marked police vebicles nil.

Cheque sent.
Livening up a motorway journey - Round The Bend
Excuse my ignorance ...... what's a VOSA vehicle?
_______
IanS
Livening up a motorway journey - AR-CoolC
Hi Thommo

When you say VOSA vehicle, do you mean Highways Agency? because they are different. I would be very supprised to see 4 VOSA vehicles on one journey (even a 300 mile one).

Pedantic mode off. :)
Livening up a motorway journey - SjB {P}
"Livening up a motorway journey"

My old boss and I talked about this once over a pint.
His suggestion was leaving the cruise control on as the traffic starts to get heavier!! I think he was joking!
Livening up a motorway journey - Big Bad Dave
"Livening up a motorway journey"

Stuff charity. I count the Romanian hookers on the hard shoulder. Always tempted to stop but never have yet.
Livening up a motorway journey - LHM
I sometimes see if I can change lanes without touching the cat's eyes....

Seems easier to do it from right-to-left for some unknown reason!