Galaxy Trouble - wjh
2000 W Galaxy 2.3 Auto. Car was out of use for a few days, started fine on wednesday, wasnt used on thursday, friday wouldn't start. When the key is turned it does not activate the starter, seems to flick the interior lights on an off, reset the radio, make the fuel gauge go nuts and sets of various warning bleeps. This is accompanied by a loud clicking noise which sounds like a combination of the ignition turning on and off and the gearbox isolation switch for the auto box. Initial thought were battery although this has charge and we have tried to jump start it but it behaves exactly the same. Also keeps asking for the radio code. Could this be a major electrical problem or perhaps the starter motor? any thoughts?

many thanks.
Galaxy Trouble - elekie&a/c doctor
This sounds very much like a faulty battery.You say that it has been charged & attempt has been made at a jump start,but if the battery has an internal shorted cell then neither of these will be any good,cos the power from the donor battery will be sapped away without providing power to the car.Next step replace battery & re-try.
Galaxy Trouble - Adam {P}
For what it's worth, my battery went flat the other week and the car did exactly what you describe. Rapid clicking, crazy dials, popping the locks, funny lights, beeps and stuff.

Although Dad came with some jump leads and it worked fine. I still changed the battery the day after though. Five years isn't too bad I guess.