Driving in the alps - advice - PhilDS
I'm off on a skiing holday next week and will be taking the car for the first time. Three of us are travelling in my Alhambra. I'm off to La Clusaz which is 20 miles south of Geneva. I reckon I've got everything together, but would appreciate feedback if I'm missing anything.

Map (ViaMichelin details toll costs and speed camera locations)
Snowchains
Oil
De-icer (non aerosol)
Anti Freeze x 1l
Fire Extinguisher
Scrapers x 2
Warning Triangle x 2
First Aid Kit
Spare Bulb Kit
Screenwash x 10l
Headlight Beam Diverters
GB sticker
Shovel (fold up army type)
Hi-vis cold weather coat
Small toolkit and 2 torches
Lots of CD's
Clothes
2 new tyres (just happened to need them anyway)

This is everything I can think of that's in the boot. Any advice appreciated.
Driving in the alps - advice - ubidenmark
You're well sorted with that lot. Some suggestions from experience of weekend driving in that area :

1) Have a backout plan if the roads clog up with resort traffic. The Hotel Savoie at St Julien-en-Genevoise is cheap, clean and usually empty at weekends.

2) Take plenty reading material, yes even if you're the driver. It's not unusual to spend half an hour at a time stationary between Geneva and Annecy on a Saturday.

3) An up to date French road map.

4) You might want to add a mobile phone with proven roaming capability. Store the number for your accommodation in advance.

5) Some water and chocolate ?

6) Keep clear of old fogies like me, I'll be on the road from Lyons to Moutiers on Saturday !
Driving in the alps - advice - Malcolm_L
Sounds pretty comprehensive to me, I'd sling in a good towrope for good measure.

If you haven't already done it, I'd try fitting the snow chains to familiarise yourself - might reduce your time out of the car when you really want to be in it and moving?

Screenwash is probably cheaper enroute, you'll need a lot this time of year and in higher concentrations than you're probably used to.

Check your tyre pressures before you leave, you'll probably find the new tyres have lost a little and I'm assuming from your speed camera avoidance you'll be toeing it.