3 Fords, but which one? - y2k+4
With January sales impending, and the Celica playing up (yes - a Toyota that's broke!) Mum's beginning to get to the idea of a newer car. Choices? Well with the fun handled by the Celica (which she may keep or replace with an MR2) she's after a commuting car - and one that can handle well (back-roads abound) and one that's economical, and with their new place in Spain, one with a huge boot. So here's the thing...

I suggested (as a Focus owner) an old-shape Focus 1.8 TDCi Ghia estate with all the bits, one of the last (05) - £9k. But then I realised that for a little bit more (£1k-2k) you can have an 05 Mondeo TDCi 130 for that, or even a Focus C-MAX 1.6/2.0 TDCi. The question is, which would you have, given the need to carry stuff and go around corners? Which is the better long-term proposition?
3 Fords, but which one? - jc
Got to be a Mondeo wagon.
3 Fords, but which one? - Stuartli
My son has an 03 Focus TDCI Zetec and absolutely loves its ride, handling, performance and economy - apart, that is, from it proving somewhat noisy on long runs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
3 Fords, but which one? - barchettaman
Late Astra G estate for 4k, spend the rest on Chianti at her Spanish estate....?
Not a huge amount to choose between the Focus and the Astra, but a big differnece on price. *Maybe* worth a look.
I admit to a certain bias, being very happy with my 1.8CDX Astra estate.

Hic.
Sorry, overdid the Bowmore.
3 Fords, but which one? - y2k+4
Hatred of the Astra diesels ruled it out - we tried one when I was searching for my Focus...
3 Fords, but which one? - barchettaman
Fair enough. I´ll just have to drink the Chianti then.
3 Fords, but which one? - Quinny100
Having owned both a Focus and a Mondeo, I would say go for the Mondeo. Its a far more accomplished car - much nicer to drive any distance and it has much more space. The boot on the old Focus is pretty small as well which may be an issue.

Value my car