Ford Focus Oil Filler Cap - Snakey
After an oil change a couple of months ago, I've noticed that I can't unscrew the oil filler cap on my 2002 Focus 1.8Tddi. It turns and 'clicks' constantly but doesn't come off!

I've heard this is common, but it there an easy way of getting it off? I dont want to have to remove the rocker cover and replace the gasket etc unless I absolutely have to. I also don't want to just smash it or I will have to do the above to remove any pieces!
Ford Focus Oil Filler Cap - Adam {P}
Have you tried pushing down hard on it whilst turning it (like you would a bottle of bleach).

Sounds crazy but I've read it a few times.
Well, I'll certainly give it a go,but it seems locked on.

Brute force and a tidy up might be the only option.
Ford Focus Oil Filler Cap - DL
Yup, break it up in situ - then you can retrieve the plug part of the cap without further damage or foreign objects going inside. Done a few myself.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Got it!

When the engine was cold it seemed really stuck but after a nice long motorway journey the cap came off with some persuasion. The heat must have softened the part that jams.

This is obviously fairly common - I hope the newer version I've put on lasts a bit longer
Ford Focus Oil Filler Cap - jc
Don't tighten it past the first click when you put it back on.
I know that, you know that, but I wish someone would tell the garage who changed the oil on my car!