stolen cars - tim slater
If you've had your car stolen you can advertise the fact for free at
hysmc.co.uk

The more people that know the better. Somebody may see it.
Re: stolen cars - ian (cape town)
Excellent service, tim.
Might I suggest a "distinguishing marks" column, as most cars will get new plates ...
Re: stolen cars - Brian W
I haven't looked at this yet, but it ought to be an official site and policy. One of the good things about the web is that it can get info. out to millions of people instantaneously.
The police sites that I have looked at so far seem to be useless!
Re: stolen cars - Brill
I've so far had three cars stolen :o(

Mk II Cortina 1600E, (found: engine removed, grrr)
TWR Jaguar, (found: torched grrr grrr)
MGB, (recovered)

... c'mon guys, leave me alone!
Re: stolen cars - Bill Doodson
Brill they where doing you a favour on the MGB its just a pity it came back.

Bill
Re: stolen cars - THe Growler
Your nicked Merc could well be carting one of our revered Philippine members of congress around his bailiwick. Plenty of 'em end up smuggled here.
Will pass this on to a very good Brit friend of mine. Last Monday he was returning to his Starex SUV (a very classy Korean people van popular in Asia) after an evening's visit to one of our local girlie establishments when he was mugged by a lady-boy who nicked his keys and wallet and drove off in his pride and joy. What his lovely wife said to him, in deed what he said to HER, is not recorded.

Unfortunately his van's insurance had expired. However, this at least was remedied by a "favor" to an in-house insurance contact, who arranged a back-dated insurance certificate. "Only in the Philippines" as they say.
Will pass this on to a very good Brit friend of mine. Last Monday he was returning to his Starex SUV (a very classy Korean people van popular in Asia) after an evening's visit to one of our local girlie establishments when he was mugged by a lady-boy who nicked his keys and wallet and drove off in his pride and joy. What his lovely wife said to him, in deed what he said to HER, is not recorded.

Unfortunately his van's insurance had expired. However, this at least was remedied by a "favor" to an in-house insurance contact, who arranged a back-dated insurance certificate. "Only in the Philippines" as they say.
Re: stolen cars - crazed idiot
i was most upset to get my stolen car back with a parking ticket in the glove box issued while stolen

you'd think the idiots who issue parking tickets would check to see if its a stolen motor ? too much like common sense ?
Re: stolen cars - ladas are slow
i heard somewhere that a guy had his car stolen, and it had been dumped and burnt out, but some stupid traffic warden put a ticket on the windscreen of the burnt out car. (the story might have been on this forum)
Re: stolen cars - Brian W
I don't know if traffic wardens/parking attendants have instant access to lists of stolen cars, but if not then they should.
Re: stolen cars - ian (cape town)
Brian,
Our local traffic mob have hand-held computer thingies, which give (a) any stolen/wanted vehicles
(b) all outstanding tickets/warrants
Plod can be on the scene quickly, to stake it out if (a), or a 5 minutes job for the forklift to come along and take it away (b).
Then you have to pay ALL the expired fines etc, before getting it out of the pound.
Re: stolen cars - Clive
I remember my boss once getting a phone call from the police to say they'd recovered his stolen car and when he arrived at the compound the next day to pick it up they said it had been nicked again during the night!?!