pug 205 gti ignition wont switch off - gtired
hi all, the ignition on my car doesn't switch off. it recently broke down with no power going to fuel pump so checked fuses/relays but ok! took a plug out of my immob and lo and behold the car started, so logically i thought that was that, but now my prob is the ignition doesn't switch off (although when the engine is runnin you can turn that off on the key but not the ignition -wierd!) you can take the key out of the barrel but the lights an gauges etc... remain on i have been told that i could have a short somewhere (which could be why it broke down but doesn't explain the immob solution) but not sure on going about finding it pls help as i can start it but can't go anywhere grrr!!
pug 205 gti ignition wont switch off - Peter D
I would go for a failed ignition switch, assuming there is a connector for it under the sperring clomn remove the connector and see if the car shuts down, if probe the ignition switch to reveal the fault. Not uncommon. Regards Peter
pug 205 gti ignition wont switch off - gtired
hi peter, thanks for the advice, will try it tomorrow. will post an outcome, thanks again!