MoT failure over suspension

I'm thinking of buying a used Audi A5; however, DVLA records show that the car failed a recent MoT due to:

-Nearside front Front suspension has excessive play in a lower suspension ball joint front joint (2.5.B.1a)

-Offside Front suspension has excessive play in a lower suspension ball joint front joint (2.5.B.1a)

Owner says he only needed to do one ball joint to get the car though the MoT, but I am not so sure. How do the other parts pass after being deemed a failure? Surely a fail is a fail? Does this leave the car unroadworthy?

Asked on 24 October 2016 by Joe Barkes

Yes. Forget this car. Find another.