1.7td downpipe leaking - cavi
would and how long would an exhaust bandage on top of gungum last on the consertina part of the downpipe? you see the car failed due to the said part of the pipe blowing and the tester told me to pack the offending item with gungum and wrap an exhaust bandage arount it and, so long as it isnt blowing, he would pass it. i only need it to last a couple of days so as to get a chance to buy a new one. what do you guys think? i always appeciate any response.
1.7td downpipe leaking - madf
GunGum hardens to a plaster like substance. It does not take any movement at all as it is brittle. I think your repair might last 2 days of very gentle driving of less than 20 miles.. if that...

madf

thanks for your reply madf. i thought it wouldnt last very long, the MOT place where im taking it is only a couple of miles so it should hold(fingers crossed!)
1.7td downpipe leaking - Civic8
I would be surprised if that worked on a flexi joint,even for a few hours?
--
Steve
no need to worry now it passed MOT so it doent matter whether it holds now cheers for the replies. by the way took it for a blast to the coast and back yesterday and it is STILL holding! cant imagine it lasting much longer though!
in response to daves email, thanks for taking the time to explain the workings of the swearfilter to me i might very well have misspelt something and i didnt see it. i will be very careful in the future from now on! cheers.