Peugeot 206 CC - fivebyfive
Hi all,

My sister is looking to buy a used car and is thinking about the above in a convertiable form.
Anyone give any advice? I am pretty clueless, googled it and its not been too much help.
Otherwise she is thinking about a new Vauxhall Tigra (bit more pricey), she has test driven both and thinks that the Tigra feel more cramped then that of the Peugeot.

Thanks all
Peugeot 206 CC - Armitage Shanks {p}
Some answers here and you won't much like what you read!

www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/carbycar/index...m
Peugeot 206 CC - bartycrouch
www.peugeot206cc.co.uk is a good owners site. Incidentally the same company designed and manufactured both the Tigra's and 206cc's roof (Heuliez)

So your sister will have the choice of possibly wrestling with the known problems of the Peugeot or hoping these problems have been resolved in the newer Vauxhall design. Of the two I would consider the Vauxhall from new.

Or she could keep waiting and saving and look at the Micra C C due this autumn.

If she still wants a 206cc get it checked over and do *real* research on the car and the common faults - mainly related to roofs (twisted roofs are not unknown) , water leaks etc. The site above is a good place to start.

Look at loads, buy the best.

Best of luck!
Peugeot 206 CC - Reggie
I owned a 206 2.0 se CC for a year, a 2002 year model.

I never had any problems with the roof mechanism or with any water leaks, in fact the only repair needed was it cracked the exhaust manifold.

I didn't fall in love with it for the following reasons. On bumpy roads, the roof was always making little "creaking" noises, although there were no problems on well surfaced roads although spraying the seals with silicone grease did help.

I found the seating position not very comfortable for long journeys and despite being a 2.0 and 138 bhp I thought that the engine was very intrusive when you wanted it to go quickly (I admit to prefering diesel power delivery as opposed to petrol)although around town the engine was a pussycat pulling from below 30mph in fifth no problem (unless age has damaged my memory).My other dislike was there was quite alot of road noise at motorway speeds.

I am being hypercritical, and it wasn't a bad car, it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Reggie
Peugeot 206 CC - doctorchris
Don't forget that the 206cc was once voted "most gay car" by the readers of a magazine whose readers had an interest in such matters.
Peugeot 206 CC - Reggie
Yes, but people who are troubled by this sort of trivia are obviously very insecure with their sexuality.

Reggie