Ford Fiesta plip - tqob
I have a second hand M reg Ford Fiesta 1.1 with a built in immobiliser that needs a key I beliece is called a plip, I've had that car for 6 months but I have had my keys along with the plip stolen and I dont have a spare. Where can I get one from? At the moment my car is sitting unable to be moved awaiting a plip, please can anyone help?
Ford Fiesta plip - pastyman
Hi there,
Have you any keys left at all ?, especially a key with a red body, because this is the key that ford dealers use to cut and program a new one. If you have a seperate immobiliser fitted, then it may be possible to disconnect it and get a non immobiliser key cut from a key number if you have it.
Hope this helps.

Pastyman
Ford Fiesta plip - tqob
You are a star! I do have the red key! Do you know if I can take it to any Ford dealer or is there a cheaper way? I have tried looking on the net but none of the Ford web sites seem to mention anything about plip replacements.
Ford Fiesta plip - Dynamic Dave
Do you know if I can take it to any Ford dealer or is there a cheaper way?

See if this recent thread helps:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=26718

Ford Fiesta plip - Jpa69
Glad you got a solution to this, but for anyone else with this problem who does NOT have the red key, here is what you do.

You need to find a "mobile keycutter" they are on the internet but some are a bit expensive so shop around and check they include VAT in their quote.

They start off by prodding the lock to find out a 6 digit number that unlocks the door, they then cut a temporary key to open the door.

These guys have the kit to reprogramme your car through a port inside the car on the left of the front passenger seat. Assuming you have enough battery, they will flash the existing settings and programme a new code (so old keys won't work).

Then they cut you full set of keys, one red and two black. Total cost for this service is between £80 to £120.

If your car has a third party immobiliser/alarm you will have to remove this first as it cuts power to the port they use to reprogramme.

If you do have a red key, make a note of the code as you can order a key by the code alone.
Ford Fiesta plip - jc
Go to the manufacturer of the immobilizer;it can't be Ford-theirs will work on the red key which will act like a normal key in door and ignition.