Renault Scenic wipers - MrsT
The wipers on my R reg Megaine Scenic have gone berzerk! On intermittant they run constantly for several wipes then stop mid-screen, putting switch in off position, they continue to wipe, back to normal wipe they stop when they want to. Argh. Local Renault dealer says "might be switch, might be relay" and won't give me even an idea of cost of repair. Sounds too much like "please enclose blank cheque". Any ideas out there?
Renault Scenic wipers - Dynamic Dave
This'll get moved across to Technical Matters later today.

DD. BR Moderator.
Renault Scenic wipers - Altea Ego
yup common problem. Only happens when its cold? worked ok in the summer? started to happen on mine. It went back before it was fully fixed.

Get a relay first, they are only a few quid, picture of where it is on the back of the fusebox cover.

Its probably the switch unit in the wiper motor tho.
Renault Scenic wipers - Aprilia
I would hazard a guess at the self-parking contacts in the wiper motor.
I don't have much to do with modern Renaults, but you could start by removing the wiper motor and taking the drive cover off to get a look at the self-parking mechanism. Just cleaning it up might fix it. Mind you, knowing Renaults its probably a 'sealed for life' non-repairable unit....
Renault Scenic wipers - SjB {P}
> Mind you, knowing Renaults its probably a 'sealed for life' non-repairable unit....

Never stops me! There aren't many such components that you can't fix if you have prior application of careful thought (measure twice, cut once), a box of bits acquired over the years, some appropriate adhesive, and the nerve! ;-)