seat alhambra warning lights - stephensmith
I have a 2000 seat alhambra 20 valve turbo that keeps flashing all the dash warning lights that then reset them selves. The cruse control was the first thing to stop working, the warning light to the fuel & temp gauge sometimes glow. There are no faults held in the systems memory, the car is dry and has good earths under the bonet, under the seats & on the pillers. moving the wiring under the dash area also has no affect to provoke or clear the fault. all my local dealers are not aware of a common fault.
seat alhambra warning lights - Ivor E Tower
There is a problem with some instrument displays that requires a whole new panel, under warranty. Unfortunately at last count, it was not known what causes the problem so some dealers were unable to supply new instrument displays. Take a short trip to www.fordgalaxy,org.uk for more info - the Gal, alhambra and sharan are all basically the same, and owners/drivers of all 3 are welcome on the forum. See you soon?
Ivor
I had heard of the fault to the dash cluster. unfortunatly with the waranty I have there has to be an identifiable fault to a unit before they will agree to the replacement, or its all my cost even if it does cure the fault.
The most anoying part of the fault is when the dash resets its self the speedo sometimes flicks around the wrong way so it sets under the zero rest pin.
The cruise control is not connected. I have cured that fault by replacing the pipe under the NSF wing.
The fault has been cured. A Seat Electrition advised that 50% of all electrical faults are earth faults. Having checked 13 earth points on the vehicle all were good.
In bypassing the earth from the dash unit (conections were good) it has cured the fault.