Snowmobile in Warwick! - Ian (Cape Town)
I read that a Swedish farmer has received a parking fine from Warwick. Unfortunately, the vehicle alleged to have been parked illegally is his snowmobile, which has been parked in his barn since last winter...
Reminds me of the local farmer who received a speeding fine for his 35 yr old John Deere tractor!
It's obvious that the morons who send these demands out haven't got a clue!
So, anybody want to buy some South African number plates, international ZA stickers and faked-up tax discs??
Growler, could we turn this into a money-making scam, or what?? Ok, Mr da Lima of Queizon City won't be too pleased, noe will Mr van der Merwe of Bellville, but ...

Snowmobile in Warwick! - J Bonington Jagworth
More on that here:

www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,1297961,00...l

Funny that you should hear of it first!

(Of course, the poor bloke will probably still have to prove that it wasn't him...)
Snowmobile in Warwick! - THe Growler
Well, Ian, with the famed "Filipino ingenuity" anything is possible. Any auto shop here will knock you up a set of highly realistic German type number plates with letters to your fancy, UK ones if you prefer, and I have also seen HK ones and those square Japanese jobs. Or get your brother in San Diego to send you some of those spoof US ones. The idea is you do one of two things.

a) put your fake plates behind your real ones to make it look like you imported your car, say from Germany. Like any fool would do that with a 1989 Corolla.....

b) be more adventurous. Keep your local plate on the front so that you appear legal, and your fake one on the back so that by the time you've failed to stop for the traffic enforcer all he's got to go on is a meaningless number.

But if the case you mention was a Filipino owner, the clowns-that-be would have to come an awfully long way to get him, and should he be a big cheese, they might not make it far out of the airport before ending up in concrete boots in the Pasig River.....LOL.