SEAT Leon-Genearl lighting issues! - NickS
The small red/white light on the bottom of the passenger door on my 01Y Leon 1.4 has given up coming on when the door is opened, as has the Interior light. Can anybody throw any light as to where the switch is so i can replace it? Also my Dash illumination (lovely though the red is!) is on all the time, and appears to be complety unconnected to whether the headlights are on or not. Is this a usual feature or do i have a problem somewhere?
Thanks in advance!
SEAT Leon-Genearl lighting issues! - Stuartli
Have you checked the fuses?
SEAT Leon-Genearl lighting issues! - NickS
Yeah Fuses all seem fine. It is only the passenger door light, and the issue with the dash illumination being on all the time. If it was the fuse, am i correct in thinking none of the lights running through that fuse would work,
SEAT Leon-Genearl lighting issues! - paulb {P}
I had a Y-reg Leon TDI 110 a while back - instrument lights are lit all the time that the key is in the ignition and switched on. A Citroen BX that I once rode in had this feature, too. Only drawback seemed to be that very occasionally I'd mistakenly think I had my lights on, when I didn't.

ISTR that the pin-switches for the interior lights are on the front side of the door frame (not on the door itself). It's a while since I sold mine, though, so apologies if my recollection is incorrect.
SEAT Leon-Genearl lighting issues! - paulb {P}
PS - you may find a squirt of WD40 will do the trick - most of the trouble I've had with this sort of switch in the past has been caused by dirt getting in and causing it to stick, and WD40 has sorted it in every case.