Scrapping of Cars is Outlawed - Martin Devon
Coming to a lay-by near you! It's been here in North Devon for yonks. Where do you want to start. Discs pads by the barrow full. Steel wheels. The obvious cars. Computer screens/towers/keyboards in rural lay-bys. Tyres. You name it and it will be there somewhere. It is disgusting and shameful. As far as I am concerened, ALL domestic waste, including private vehicles should be disposed of from central funds if need be. This is not my first choice, but I believe there is no other. The problem is much bigger than most people realise and this, (or probably), any Government are absolutely clueless. I despair. As a very vocal local here says, "The *loody country's gone to hell in a hand cart." Nuff said?

Regards to all
Scrapping of Cars is Outlawed - frostbite
It's (once again) all down to slavish obedience to yet another EU directive, so at least we can be consoled that all other EU countries are facing the same problem.

/sarcasm
Scrapping of Cars is Outlawed - J Bonington Jagworth
"The recycling industry, formerly called the scrap metal industry.."

New Labour's answer to everything - rebranding!

Have been watching the re-runs of Yes Minister recently, and apart from the wallpaper and slightly dodgy suits, it could have been written yesterday. Plus ca change...
Scrapping of Cars is Outlawed - NowWheels
"The recycling industry, formerly called the scrap metal industry.."
New Labour's answer to everything - rebranding!

actually, it appears to be the scarpyards' own rebranding exercise: see www.britmetrec.org.uk/
Scrapping of Cars is Outlawed - daveyjp
Full page article on this in our local paper tonight. Four of the main scrap yards in the area are refusing cars until its sorted out, this at a time when they will accept them for nil cost. The Council removed 3,500 vehicles last year - watch this number soar.