Where do these people get off?!? - Adam {P}
Hello all,
I just got back from my friend's house and some little......argghh!!!.....moron has put two dents into the bonnet and carved an X shape into the boot lid on a car I have had for not even 3 weeks! Fortunately, I think the "X" will come out after repeated polishes but the dents in the bonnet have almost been gouged so the paint is scratched. Why anyone would want to do it is beyond me but I'd have given anything to catch them in the act. Can I leave my car anywhere now???

Cheers

Adam
Adam
Where do these people get off?!? - Andrew-T
My sympathies, A. Regretfully, it confirms my theory that mishaps happen to cars most commonly soon after purchase, either new or used. The good news is that it should be more than 3 weeks on.

Is yours a part of the world where the local pondlife enjoys roof-running cars at closing time?
Where do these people get off?!? - Andrew-T
doh - I meant The good news is that the next should be more than 3 weeks on!
Thanks Andy. The think is, where we live is actually a really nice area...in my opinion anyway. We only moved in about 2 years ago but we're told not one single house has been broken into and no cars have been stolen off the street. The most exciting thing that would happen is a house alarm may go off in the street and everyone comes out to check! Honest! But my friend does live in a more....how can I put this....crime attracting area. Funnily enough, it was around the corner from where I used to work where the cd player got nicked out of my other car!

I've learnt my lesson....be selective with your friends!

:-)

Cheers

Adam
Where do these people get off?!? - NowWheels
There was a brand new Avensis on my driveway for a few days last week, and it took only two days for someone to crave quite a deep scratch into the bootlid. It was a hired car, so the poor hirer was afraid there'd be a nasty bill for the repair.

I'd have guessed it was a new car phenomemon, except that further down the village it's now happening every night, and police are uninterested :(
It's not brand new but apart from a problem with the tailgate handle (which Ford apparently accept as a design fault) the car was, up until this morning, pretty much in pristine condition. I don't know if someone's seen it parked up and thought "I'll have that" or something or whether someone walked past and felt like it. Swines they are...SWINES!
Adam