Do any of you lease your car? - BB
Hi all,

After a long struggle with an unreliable passat, I have now decided to lease a car to help reduce unexpected bills.

I need a 30,000 miles a year lease over two years so that I am covered by the manufacturers warranty. I have looked at several lease companies and understand the format for leasing a car, but was hoping I could get some real life leasing experiences from the back room.

What kind of agreements do you have and what leasing companies did you use? Is there any hidden traps that I could fall into?

Any info would be useful so that I can make an informed decision as to where to go next.

Many Thanks

BB
Do any of you lease your car? - Mapmaker
This is irrelevant to your question, but if you lease your car, you're paying an extra amount over and above expected costs to cover their administration & profits.

I realise you want to reduce unexpected bills, but I understand from the BR that the new Passat is somewhat unreliable. Have you thought of swapping to a Toyota to achieve exactly the same result?
Do any of you lease your car? - carl_a
Agree with mapmaker, buy a Toyota. Or perhaps if you don't care about image buy a Hyundia as it comes with 5 years unlimited mile warranty, 3 years RAC and some come with 3 years servicing included.
Do any of you lease your car? - Aprilia
Hyundai Sonata?

5 year warranty with no exclusions. Colleague had one of the older ones for about 6 years (sold it recently) covered just over 100k and the only thing that ever went wrong was the idle air valve - cost about £150 to fix.
Do any of you lease your car? - BB
Good Ideas.

It is the warranty that I am after and not image, so Hyundai could be a good proposition. I will have to look into Hyundai a bit more as I dont know what there diesel engines are like (if they have one.)

Fuel economy is also a big input as a difference of 10mpg can work out to a difference of £500 a year extra fuel.

Do any of you lease your car? - Malcolm_L
Take a look at the new Honda Accord - Honda give a 3 year 90k warranty.

If you keep the car for two years and sell on at approx 60k, there's still 30k and a year of warranty - this makes it attractive to punters looking to buy without worries.

Honda will cost more but should depreciate less than other makes, you need to look at TCO over 2 years.