vectra 16v r reg non starter - squack
my vectra cut out seconds after starting,trying to start it again sounded like timing belt had broke ,change to timing belt was not neccersary as it was still in good order but i changed it anyway ,when i try to start it all it does is spin the engine over without trying to fire ,spark is at plugs
does anybody have any ideas
vectra 16v r reg non starter - Dynamic Dave
Fuel pump?
petrol getting thru,when plug was removed and spark tested ,petrol was smelt through plug hole
When you say "spark is at plugs" and "when plug was removed and spark tested" are you sure all plugs are firing?
vectra 16v r reg non starter - Civic8
Trouble is there is more than one reason.I would first check if you have any fuel to injectors.I cannot give any guidance on it as I dont know the vectra but would say it sounds like a fuel starvation prob.fuel pump first place to start?.
could it have anything to do with immobiliser,bearing in mind engine turns and sparks
vectra 16v r reg non starter - David G.I.Davies
If you have an immobiliser problem the orange engine warning light will flash when you switch on.If this is not happening then remove the spark plugs,add a teaspoonful of engine oil to each cylinder,fit new spark plugs and crank the engine over with throttle fully open until it fires up.Having started it you then need to find out why it cut out-it might be an idle valve problem,so try cleaning this.If its still not right you need to have the system scanned professionally,by e.g.Tune-Up Ltd or a trusted local garage.Otherwise the same scenario will repeat itself next time you start from cold.
thank you david ,have cleaned idle valve out but will try new plug theory ,thank you very much
Does the ECU check light go out after a few seconds, or does it remain lit?

If remaining on, and as your Vectra is earlier than year 2000, goto the link below and using the paperclip method described, you *might* be able to flash up a fault code.

www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes...m
vectra 16v r reg non starter - elisa1
Does it have a temperature sensor? We had problems similar to this with a vauxhall.
had computer on it and was told it was cam sensor but tune up guy wasnt 100%.£70 from dealers, do i buy and risk it?
vectra 1800 ecotec engine r reg cam sens - squack
can a faulty cam sensor stop the car starting

{Moved into exisiting thread, as relating to the same question. DD}
If it *appears* the cam sensor is faulty, then try cleaning the contacts.

Details in the latter part of this thread:-

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=15600

btw, if it is faulty, it will be cheaper from www.autovaux.co.uk than a main dealer.