Car Servicing - Drivethru
I would like advice about car services. I have a Micra year 2000, which I have had for 2 years. I have always just got 6 monthly oil changes, replaced the air filter and spark plugs myself, carried out the rest of the basic checks and had things like brake fluid and coolant changed when required. Do you think that is enough or should the car be put in for a garage service?

Also would you change spark plugs as a matter of course after 20,000 miles (4 years), everyone seems to think just leave them if the car is running ok.

I would welcome your opinions.
Car Servicing - madf
Are you doing a good job ? (i.e. no problems).

If yes: do nowt.

Good garages are hard to find. Seems as if you have one at home:-0

madf

Car Servicing - DL
I'd change the plugs every 2yrs or 20K, whichever is the sooner.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Car Servicing - Sooty Tailpipes
I'd carry on doing it yourself, as time goes on you'll be able to do it blindfolded.
No need to do everything in one go like a garage, just keep a log and the parts receipts, and stagger them throughout the year as lots of partial services, you could do the oil and filter one weekend, then a few weeks later take the spark plugs out and check them.

As for the plugs, they should at least be removed and inspected every year or two to stop them getting stuck in.