Peugeot 307 Mileage recall - Peugeot 307
I had a recall for my new Peugeot 307 due to a fault with the car milometer software potentially recording more miles than is being driven.

-This issue was originally featured in BBC Watchdog. I called their customer line to ask what they intended to do to compensate me.

I suggested they do a test measuring the mileage the car was being driven versus the count on the milometer. The reply was both curt and unhelpful.

There is apparently ?no way of measuring what mileage the car has done versus the count on the milometer? and further I will receive no compensation for being sold a car that has an incorrect milometer even though they new about the fault when I was sold the car.

Any advice appreciated...
Peugeot 307 Mileage recall - smokie
Ah well...tomorrow's another day...
Peugeot 307 Mileage recall - Dynamic Dave
There is apparently ?no way of measuring what mileage the car
has done versus the count on the milometer?
Any advice appreciated...

Previous reports have suggested that for every 100 miles travelled, the odometer displays approx 120 to 125 miles, (ie, it's overreading by approx 20 to 25 miles) you should be able to work out what mileage your car has actually covered.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=20699
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=18...5

I will receive no compensation for being sold a car that has
an incorrect milometer even though they new about the fault

>>when I was sold the car.

Have you tried contacting Peugeot UK directly to see what they say, or is this the opinion of your local dealer?
Peugeot 307 Mileage recall - Wilco {P}
Rather than just claim compensation, you need to demonstrate actual financial loss - then approach Pug UK, media etc.

Following Daves advice above is it possible to calculate how much it has over-read?

What is the value of the car with the additional miles compared with the "proper" mileage? If it is on a lease deal with penalties for excess miles, what is the penalty?

This may not be easy - good luck.

Surprisingly, the only thing that does seem to work properly on my own 307 is the odometer.
Peugeot 307 Mileage recall - daryld

...the MPG figures must be fantastic!