Focus headlamp sealing - henry k
On V req Focus headlamps there is a rubber sealing stip along the whole of top edge where the bonnet meets it.
The strip is rubber bonded to a plastic strip.
Held onto the lamp with spire clips.

The rubber is parting from the plastic so off I went to get a replacement. It does not appear in the computer but my always helpful Mercury Motors of Twickenham (I am just a lifetime happy customer) inform me after physically checking that it only comes with the headlamp.

I can attempt to tape it up in some form but:
when I asked for same spare at my nearest dealer I was met with surprise because 15 mins earlier there had been the same request.
It would appear that perhaps there is a problem with this part and Ford should make it available as a spare.

Anyone else experienced this?
It may be worth having a look as it is not immediately obvious.
Focus headlamp sealing - henry k
An update of sorts.

I called the Ford Customer help line.
\"Yes we get lots of requests for this part\" was the reply.
The outcome was - \"It is part of the headlamp so the only solution is to buy a whole new headlamp\". Blooming wonderful.
I guess my last chance is to get one from a crash repair yard and that just leaves me to source the right sized spire clips.

I suggested I write to a big cheese and complain. \"Waste of time. They will only pass it on to us and we too are stuffed\"

Ford Customer help line. The individual bod was sympathetic but what a shambles of an organisation.

An obviously faulty part but it is out of the warranty period so tough!