Focus Clock - GroovyChick{P}
Hi,

Last weekend I changed the dash clock in my focus as the other one had not worked properly for the past 2 years!! The LED display was not showing the hour figure correctly. I refused to pay the £60 odd pounds for a new one from Ford so got one from a car transplants place. It was all done over the phone and cost just under £20.

Well everything was working perfectly when it was fitted but a couple of days later it all went funny. No it wasn't funny it was worse than my old one which was now in the bin. The LED display doesn't even show as much of the time as the old one did. I am now wondering if it is something else other than the clock itself, possibly the wiring to the clock??

Can anyone help or give me advice? Has anyone elses clock gone wrong? I'm pretty fed up now and dont particularly want to pay Fords prices so please HELP :-(

GC
Oops - I didn't mean LED, I meant LCD obviously!

GC
Focus Clock - Civic8
Tis unlikely to be wiring.but could be a problem with ford`s clock.unless the wiring has been played with.at least with a new one it is under warranty.
Fitted another secondhand clock (£5) and all is well.

How Ford can justify £63 for a new one is beyond me.

GC
Focus Clock - DL
Did you return the first used clock?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
I didn't have any comeback on it as it was done over the phone and this was a risk I had taken. I filed it nicely...........IN THE BIN!!!!
Focus Clock - solara
I would have thought the wiring was pretty simple.
If it is just a 2 wire connector then expect the pair to be the 12v power supply. If you have 3 or 4 wires, then these extra wires will probably feed the lcd dash backlight (via dimmer possibly).
Simple check with voltmeter should be sufficient.

If its an LCD display, sometimes condensation can get into the rubber conductors above and below the lcd panel, causing the blurring (non-display of digits).
I would only open it up as a last resort.

Good luck