Cleaning seat stains - arnold2
How do you clean stains off cloth seats ?

My New Beetle has got some that look kind of like water marks, which I think came from liquids spilt by small people ! They aren't coloured, though - kind of look like the seats permanantly wet (but isn't).

Any ideas anyone - VW useless when I asked them, and unsure about using household fabric cleaners .... !
Cleaning seat stains - No Do$h
Hi arnold

Same advice I gave to Andymc www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=17...9

As you don't know the exact cause of the stain, you could end up spending £20 on 3 or 4 products and end up making things worse. For the same sort of money you can have a valeter come round and just do the seats in question, with appropriate products and a modicum of expertise.

Don't risk it!
Cleaning seat stains - arnold2
Thanks - yes, good idea ! Are valeters insured ?! Anyway, yes, more sense to get a pro to look at it than ruin the upholstery with various liquids !
Cleaning seat stains - No Do$h
Thanks - yes, good idea ! Are valeters insured ?!

One would hope so! Mind you, they may look at it and say no way, Jose. If that happens you can get the entire squab re-covered for in the region of £50-60. I had the driver's seat squab redone on my 156 as the fabric was damaged. Cost me £45 through a mate in the trade and they used the original Alfa Blitz fabric.

Anyway,
yes, more sense to get a pro to look at it
than ruin the upholstery with various liquids !

I say, Matron!
Cleaning seat stains - fitz
Don't waste your money. Get a tin of Decosol 'Instant Valet'. It is excellent. I'm certain that it will work a treat although you may have to put some plastic over your seats when you sit down until they dry.