Omega 2.5 V6 - maw
hi all, this is my first post so im hoping that some one can help me !! i have a 1994 2.5 v6 upon filling the tank about £50. the fuel gauge reads full but the onboard computer is telling me that i only have 90 miles left in the tank... when i have used about 1/4 of a tank it reads 0 miles ????? vx say that they need the car for the day to look into the problem at a cost of £30 p/h !!!!!
Omega 2.5 V6 - Dynamic Dave
Sounds like the computer needs recalibrating.
Normally when a garage say they need the car for the day means that it cannot be specifically booked in at a given time for the work to be done. If the car is there all day, then the mechanics will look at it as and when they can get around to it. Agree a provisional price with them, and if it looks like it\'s going to go over that price then get them to ring you for further approval.
£30 p/h sounds surprisingly cheap? Is this a main agent?
Omega 2.5 V6 - Mark (RLBS)
Run the tank empty and reset the range then fill the tank two or three times. It worked for me.
Omega 2.5 V6 - Chad.R
My Omega has a similar (if opposite) problem with the "Range" on the TC. It always gives the range for a full tank regardless of how much fuel I actually have.

Reseting the TC doesn't seem to work though the Range does change according to the average fuel consumption but still follows the above rule. All the other TC functions seem to work fine.

I've tried the running on empty and reseting the TC fix (on Mark's advice in a previous thread) a couple of times but it hasn't worked for me, yet - I haven't given up.

In the scheme of things I'm not that bothered as I never rely on the TC anyway - it falls into the "nice to have working" category......I certainly wouldn't pay £30ph for someone to look at it.

Just remember to fill-up before the fuel gauge hits red :-)

Chad.
Omega 2.5 V6 - SpamCan61 {P}
Just one small thing...when you are resetting the display are you doing a 'complete' reset i.e. pushing in the 'R' button until '---' on the display (when set to overall mpg )changes to '***'?
Omega 2.5 V6 - smokie
I wouldn't run it TOO empty in case the carp from the bottom of the tank gets in the system....
Omega 2.5 V6 - Chad.R
I've reset it both ways - just the Range function only and the whole TC with the same (non)results.

Chad.

I have to admit that I haven't run it on "fumes" as I'd rather have the TC range not working than the crud in the fuel tank blocking the injectors etc.