Peugeot 306 Indicator Stalk - geebee
Ive been using my wifes 306 for a couple of weeks, no problems whatsoever...actually a nice drive and pretty quick for a 1.8 auto...but parking outside the house today I indicated left to park...no clicks or snaps from the stalk, but its stuck in the left indicator on position...it moves around a little but wont return at all...Its not loose as if its snapped somewhere, and all the other functions work (horn and lights) but just wont return to indicator off position.....like i said i didnt notice it making any clicks on operation and it didnt feel any differant, its just stuck. Does this sound like a replacement stalk job, or would it be able to be unstuck with a little force...I was frightened to just incase it did snap. I know this isnt exactly a major problem, and maybe not worthy of these pages, but its damn annoying and although probably pretty cheap to replace a lack of any funds at the moment makes this difficult...anyone got any suggestions?
Peugeot 306 Electrics - geebee
Leading on from an earlier post..I dont have the workshop manual for the 306, and just wondered if its safe to remove the casing around the steering wheel to see whats wrong with the indicator stalk...the main thing im worried about is affecting the airbag in the wheel itself...could I damage wires or sensors by removing this cover..its only really to see if I can unstick the indicator stalk.
Peugeot 306 Electrics - RichardW
You probably can't 'un-stick' the stalk - I expect some small piece of plastic has broken off and jammed the mechanism internally. You could try a bit more force and see if it will come back - you wil be no worse off than you are already as you can't (legally) drive it anyway! A s/hand stalk should only be a few quid at a breakers, and a Haynes manual is only about £15 - you should be able to get it fixed quite cheaply. You might be able to dismantle the switch and get it going, but this will involve removing it (which probably means removing the steering wheel anyway).

Do not even think about poking about under the steering column unless the battery is disconnected and has been for at least 15 minutes. You do not want to set the air bag off and decapitate yourself....

RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....