Spiders and door mirrors - Grenache

Hello

This is an odd one, in both our cars it seems that a spider has taken up residence in the door mirror behand the glass, and every morning there’s a large web from the mirror to the window glass.

I’ve tried to remove it with a water jet but don’t want to use high pressure in case that stops the mirror motor from working.

Any ideas how to ‘persuade’ it to leave?

Spiders and door mirrors - _

Leave the poor thing alone.

I have one in my drivers dooe morror, just brush off the web if it irritates me...

That way, when you go to the Garage, you can say "no flies on me, Guv"

Spiders and door mirrors - elekie&a/c doctor
Seems to be a common issue . They live in all my cars mirrors . I think they like the warmth and seclusion . Also found them on my house outdoor security cameras . The heat from the infra red illumination keeps them comfy.
Spiders and door mirrors - RichT54

It's amazing how well they can hang on when they are out on their web being buffeted in the airstream as you are driving down the motorway at 70 mph!

I had a shock one day when I suddenly saw a giant spider on the dash, only to realise that it was sitting over the reversing camera and was actually quite small.

Spiders and door mirrors - badbusdriver

Goodness knows just how many spiders live on or in my van!. Hazard of the job, I'm going around customers gardens, pushing past bushes/hedges/shrubbery. Its not unusual for me, once back in the van, to feel things crawling about my head!.

But I'm with ORB here, leave it be, it isn't doing any harm.

Spiders and door mirrors - Bolt

Goodness knows just how many spiders live on or in my van!. Hazard of the job, I'm going around customers gardens, pushing past bushes/hedges/shrubbery. Its not unusual for me, once back in the van, to feel things crawling about my head!.

But I'm with ORB here, leave it be, it isn't doing any harm.

Agree, I have loads around my garden and on the car, and not seen a motor without many a cobweb on it, at least they help get rid of flies as they are more annoying!

If you do lose that one, another one will take its place if not more, as my mirrors have several spiders in them and under the bonnet

Spiders and door mirrors - Chris M

"...things crawling about my head!."

And Mr Badbusdriver, do you hear voices as well?

Spiders and door mirrors - groaver

Goodness knows just how many spiders live on or in my van!. .

Spidervan?

Spiders and door mirrors - Engineer Andy

Spidervan?

But can it do what a spider can? :-)

Spiders and door mirrors - Will deBeast

My neighbour was on holiday, but contacted me because their home security camera had detected an intruder. They viewed the footage, which seemed to show someone.

It was a modest sized spider.

Spiders and door mirrors - Engineer Andy

Hello

This is an odd one, in both our cars it seems that a spider has taken up residence in the door mirror behand the glass, and every morning there’s a large web from the mirror to the window glass.

I’ve tried to remove it with a water jet but don’t want to use high pressure in case that stops the mirror motor from working.

Any ideas how to ‘persuade’ it to leave?

Easy - put a bigger spider in with them! :-)

Spiders and door mirrors - JonestHon
Not sure if it is an old wife tale but I heard once that the spiders living in rear view mirrors take advantage of bugs that get attracted to their own reflection.

We are touring Pembrokeshire at the moment with the big Avensis and swambo suddenly waved her hand at the driver mirror, when I asked WTF?! She said the resident spider living in the mirror for month now is hanging above the mirror housing so she decided to give it a small push and export it from England to Wales.
Spiders and door mirrors - Andrew-T

Happens every year about this time. My regulars spread from the mirrors into the scuttle around the wiper spindles. The flimsiness and experimental appearance of the webs suggest they are spun by trainees.

Spiders and door mirrors - Grenache

...... suggest they are spun by trainees.

Like the cars driven by the boy racers round our way!

"...things crawling about my head!."

And Mr Badbusdriver, do you hear voices as well?

Well I do work by myself, and I do often find myself having conversations in my head. Some of these end up, without my realising, being conducted out loud.............!

Hmm

;-)

Spidervan?

I'm fairly certain if I ended up in a giant bathtub I wouldn't be able to drive out, would that count?

Spiders and door mirrors - groaver

Spidervan?

I'm fairly certain if I ended up in a giant bathtub I wouldn't be able to drive out, would that count?

It'll be fairly decent at catching flies...on the front on hot summer days.