oooh, what a lot I got.... - Mark (RLBS)
Thank you for all your suggestions and ideas about possibilities for this site.

Please take this as a general thank you whilst I wade through the replies individually.

Mark.
oooh, what a lot I got.... - Hugo {P}
My pleasure Mark

H
oooh, what a lot I got.... - volvoman
Glad to hear my rather hasty and speculative post had the desired result Mark/HJ and caused no grief. I really hope there are some great ideas amongst all the suggestions! No doubt you'll report back on any which are going to be adopted and who suggested them.
oooh, what a lot I got.... - NitroBurner
Mark,

Seem to have missed the thread on this one....
Must have been dozing!
oooh, what a lot I got.... - Mark (RLBS)
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=15...3
oooh, what a lot I got.... - Hugo {P}
Mark

I know you stopped Volvoman's thread on this, but would it not be a good idea to reactivate a thread so we can put all our ideas on it and discuss/brainstorm them?

H
oooh, what a lot I got.... - volvoman
It's very interesting to hear all that HJ. Part of the problem is that most people haven't got a clue what it takes to run this place and consequently make all sorts of assumptions about how easy, profitable or realistic certain things are. It would be nice if all the detail could be explained to 'us' but even if it were all summarised and presented for us to read, many people wouldn't bother and would still wind up raising the same issues again and again and you'd spend the rest of your life explaining. Like all businesses I suspect I've had this problem with my clients who tend to make all sorts of assumptions about what I do and how I work which are both simplistic and unrealistic. Trying to educate them is time consuming and to a large extent pointless because there's always another who'll ask exactly the same question or make the same mistake/assumption. There's no solution to all of this except for people here to be patient, considerate and constructive. As has been shown, there is a mechanism for presenting ideas to HJ et al and some of these may bear fruit directly or indirectly. Let's not however be unrealistic in our expectations of this place and those who run it as best they can given the time and resources available.

Vive La BackRoom !