Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - FP
Just acquired a T-reg (1999) Peugeot 306 Estate with the HDI engine. Went to Halfords to buy a technical handbook, but the Haynes one, which claims to cover all models of the 306 up to T/1999 does NOT include the HDI engine. As you'd expect, the owner's handbook is sparse, to say the least. I shall feel a bit insecure without any know-how when I take the car abroad soon.

Any ideas? I'd buy the Haynes book (for the bits apart from the engine) if I could get a separate book on the engine. Halfords cannot help. Thanks!
Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - David Lacey
But if there were any problems engine-wise, there's not much you could do anyway. The HDI motor is pretty complex
Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - RichardW
Chris,

Have a look at the manuals for the Citroen Xsara and Pug 406 - I seem to remember one of them covers the HDi engine. Might be worth having a look at Russek Manuals www.russek-manuals.com who might have an HDi manual by now.

RichardW

Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - PhilW
And if you are going to France, have a look in the supermarkets for the \"Revue Technique\" books. Seem to be much better than Haynes and though in French, there are many very illuminating photos/illustrations which make it relatively easy to follow. Code number for 306 HDi book is 639 18488. Web site at www.etai.fr
Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - PhilW
Website is a bit of a maze, try this page
www.etai.fr/go_to.asp?go_m=pas&go_s=2
Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - Ben79
The Xsara Haynes (number 3751) covers the HDI 90.

Ben
On my 3rd Citroen. Saxo, Xsara, C5.
Peugeot 306 HDI handbook - FP
Thanks to all you guys who supplied info I wouldn't have known where to begin to find. I take the point about the HDI engine probably being a non-DIY proposition for most of us, but not to be able even to identify components makes me feel kind of uncomfortable. (Never had a diesel before.) It's a male thing!

Never heard of Russek handbooks, but I'll investigate. My French might be good enough to manage a French-language handbook (with a bit of help from a dictionary) and the tip about the Haynes Citroen Xsara is useful too.

Halfords tell me Haynes may eventually catch up with a revised 306 handbook, but not to hold my breath for it.

Cheers,
Chris