Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - THe Growler
For all those who get off on on ticking off other people, here's
a way to lift your game:

www.civilcity.org/
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - frostbite
How sad.
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - Clanger
What did you get your card for, Growler?
H.

I didn't really look at mine, I returned it rolled up with a courteous but explicit note and a jar of Vaseline...
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - Observer
I liked:-

You stopped your car in the middle of the street to chat with someone or do something in your car.

Do what..........
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - Blue {P}
That site has a lot of members doesn't it? :-)

*Sarcasm Mode Off*

Blue
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - Tom Shaw
Some people just have too much time on their hands. Maybe conscription wasn't such a bad idea after all.
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - andymc {P}
Oh my gawd. They actually inspire rudeness. What a load of pompous, patronising, over-earnest, under-endowed, self-important, stuffed-shirt pond-life nerks.

So there.

andymc
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - Technoprat {P}
I am normally the politest of people who would rarely say "boo" to a goose. However, the one thing that tends to infuriate me is the non-disabled driver who insists on parking in bays reseved for those with disabled-parking permits. I used to be horribly rude to these people which tended to get me into hot water. Nowadays, I carry self-adhesive stickers asking them to be more considerate. The advantage of these is that I can stick them on the windscreens when no-one is watching (I am a terrible coward) and they are absolute murder to remove. Would I qualify for one of these 'uncivil' awards?
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - Gen
I think it's a nice idea (though not very practical)

Why is it that 'civilisation' now means the ability to be uncivilised without fear of correction?
That's what you get if you have a couple of sanitized generations of not walloping kids for their misdemeanours, doing away with military service, abolishing concept of pass or fail at school and giving everybody regardless the mistaken idea they're as good as anyone else without having to prove it.

To motoring: the concept of parking spaces for disabled here exists but is universally ignored. A lady business acquaintance of mine who is unfortunately thus afflicted, has the requisite sticker etc and who finds walking long distances difficult has been known to park her car across the back of the two cars taking the only allocated spaces at our nearby mall and leave a note on the windshield of one saying she's in a meeting but will be back at 2 p.m. to move her car. That I think is fair.

That's what you get if you have a couple of sanitized
generations of not walloping kids for their A lady business acquaintance of mine who
is unfortunately thus afflicted, has the requisite sticker etc and who
finds walking long distances difficult has been known to park her
car across the back of the two cars taking the only
allocated spaces at our nearby mall and leave a note on
the windshield of one saying she's in a meeting but will
be back at 2 p.m. to move her car. That I
think is fair.

I have done that too!
Very risky. I would let down all tyres as a minimum. It irritates me when people enjoy trapping cars in.
There isn't any enjoyment when you're disabled I'm sure.

And letting down tires is a direct assault on someone's vehicle, ill-advised I would have thought. On the other hand parking lot operators can immobilise cars for misdemeanours, what's the difference here?

What did happen was she got herself on television and embarrassed the mall operator to the extent they now have two heavy iron tripod type barriers placed over the bays. All a disabled driver has to do it toot the guard and he'll come and move one on inspection of the appropriate windshield sticker. Obvious, huh? Why they couldn't do this in the first place etc etc
I think letting the tyres down is a rather temporary 'attack' on a vehicle. Remember we are talking about someone deliberately blocking your car in! If I had a big Ford truck like you I'd consider pushing it. It seems a growing fascination for people to park so as to block someone else in 'just to test them'.
I think letting the air out of someone's tyres probably constitutes an offence of some kind especially as air seems no longer to be free.

I still prefer my method of putting horribly sticky notices on the windscreen. They create a measure of embarrassment as anyone can read them. They are hard to remove and do no damage and it gives me a certain satisfaction to watch the culprit trying to scrape them off. Probably rather antisocial of me but it makes me feel good!
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - midlifecrisis
Are these the same 'disabled' drivers that feel they can park anywhere, cause chaos, stroll off down the high street and then return to their car carrying bags of shopping.
The abuse of disabled badges is such that they should be scrapped and the whole system revised.
I agree absolutely - there are so many 'disabled' permit holders who obviously have nothing wrong with them at all. I think blue badge permits should be available only to those who also for road-tax exemption through their disability. I write from the smug position of being one of those - but it would cut down enormously on the abuse of priviledge. To become tax-exempt you have to qualify for the higher mobility benefit of Disbabled Living Allowance which requires a medical examination by a doctor appointed by the Department of Stealth and Total Obscurity. It is time the scheme was reformed.
Oops!

".... for those who also qualify for......."
Technoprat

Your stickers constitute criminal damage too! But then, when was the last time you saw a policeman?
Self-Appointed Nanny Heaven - smokie
I also get irritated by apparently able people parking inappropriately, but I'd say it's a bit presumptious to take action against an empty parked car when you have no idea who it might have transported, or whether there is some other valid reason which makes the driver think he is entitled to use disabled facilities (apart from terminal arrogance, which many of the population suffer from when in the car). E.g. what about a broken arm or leg? Do they issue short term disabled badges for that?

IMHO proper policing is preferable to this vigilante stuff
. E.g. what about a broken arm or
leg? Do they issue short term disabled badges for that?

No, they don't. Permits as issued by local authorities run for three years.
Technoprat
Your stickers constitute criminal damage too!

No damage caused - only inconvenience. I did check with the police before I embarked upon my mission in life!