Any - DVLA backlog might be easing a little - craig-pd130

My daughter bought a used car from our local Toyota dealer in 9th July, got the updated V5 in the post today, so there are obviously some signs of life in the DVLA's offices ....

Any - DVLA backlog might be easing a little - bazomis

My driving licence expired in July and I was advised to apply early to the DVLA for a new one, so I did so in May. The new one was returned within just 5 days for the princely fee of £8 and I've now lost 2 months off the new one before it expires!

They required me to post the old one back and used to have a Freepost address for this purpose, but not now and with the price of stamps these days, I cut it up, stuck it in an envelope and hoped for the best!

bazomis

Any - DVLA backlog might be easing a little - Avant

My daughter, about to get a new car, had lost the V5 document for her current car. She rang the DVLA and got through to a very helpful man who took a payment over the phone and said a new V5 would come within five working days.

It came in three.

Any - DVLA backlog might be easing a little - Zippy123

Last week daughter moved home to save up for her first place (great ;-) )

She did her licence on line and it came back two days later.

A couple of days later she tried to change her address on the V5 and they wouldn't allow it to be done on line so she sent it off and it came back two days later as well.

So both by return of post effectively.

Impressed.

Any - DVLA backlog might be easing a little - concrete

Contrary to reports the demise of the DVLA are greatly exaggerated. I transferred ownership of a car online on 30th July, then taxed it on the 1st August. Got the new V5 in my name on 4th August. No complaints. I try to do as much online as possible. It seems to work very well and of course if staff are working remotely from home they can deal with it easily. The sneaky way they allot vehicle tax can catch out the unwary. If I had taxed the car the same day as transferring ownership I would lose nearly a months tax as July counts as a full month even for two days. Pretty sneaky really. Can't see why vehicle tax can't run in date order, especially as it must be computer monitored. The present system drives a bottleneck to the end of the month. Silly really, not rocket science as they say.

Cheers Concrete

Any - DVLA backlog might be easing a little - Chrome

Ten year driving licence renewal, gave up with the DVLA website which kept bouncing me out.

Monday 3 August - Visit to the post office, opted for the £21.50 service where they take the photo & upload direct to DVLA. Process took 10 mins.

Thursday 6 August - Replacement licence received through the post. Brilliant service from the PO and DVLA.

Happy days!