BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - Sam M

Newbie question here, how do i3's compare from a price and drive perspective to other electric cars? Looking to get a used one or lease one if available on NHS scheme, thanks

Edited by Sam M on 26/05/2020 at 11:08

BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - nailit

Newbie question here, how do i3's compare from a price and drive perspective to other electric cars? Looking to get a used one or lease one if available on NHS scheme, thanks

www.google

www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/these-are-the-to...t

BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - Steveieb

Tried them at Millbrook and the i3 is in a different league to the Zoe IMHO.

i loved the range extender facility and for James May to use one for his personal transport says a lot.

Just check the RF tax on the i3

BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - badbusdriver

Don't know if this would be a factor, but be aware that the i3 is a 4 seater, only 2 rear belts. The Zoe and Leaf are both 5 seaters.

BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - Steveieb

Also the i3 is built from carbon fibre and other expensive materials.

Heard the RF tax was expensive in view of the emissions from the range extender two cylinder engine.

Any idea if this is correct ?

BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - Avant

The range extender was an option so not all i3s have it.

It's apparently been deleted from the current model: if that's because it didn't sell well, it shouldn't be difficult to find a secondhand one without it if you don't want it.

BMW i3 (5dr) - how does it compare to a Leaf/Zoe - badbusdriver

Heard the RF tax was expensive in view of the emissions from the range extender two cylinder engine.

Any idea if this is correct ?

After looking at running costs panel on Autotrader ads, it seems to depend on the age. For 2018 and 2019 cars, the tax is listed as £135 per year. But for 2013-2016 cars, it is free.

No ads for a 2017 version.