Any - Franchises, Coffee/Procecco/Snap on tool van - DieselMan1966

After some long discussions with my wife and friends, she came up with the idea of running a franchise of some description in a couple of years time.

Before we make the plunge, I would like to know the typical running costs and what licences we need to apply for. I think there is a street traders licence and we need to have hygiene certificates?

I think this idea came from visiting a couple of concerts recently and people were queuing for ages. Also being charged £10 for 2 drinks! One comment we heard was at least Dick Tuprin wore a mask!.

As I'm ex motor trade I am favouring the Snap on Tools van. does anyone here have any experience with these?

Jo does have experience in the hotel trade as she worked for Trust House Forte and a number of restaurants.

Any advice is welcome

Any - Franchises, Coffee/Procecco/Snap on tool van - focussed

Always remember the basic rule of franchising.

Any franchise is a licence to print money for the franchiser, they are not there for the benefit of the franchisee.

Have you investigated how much the initial fee is for a UK Snap-On franchise?

£24 K And it doesn't stop there - think very carefully before committing to anything like that.

Any - Franchises, Coffee/Procecco/Snap on tool van - James2018

Other ways of looking at franchises...

If it is so good - why aren't the idea owners doing it themselves?

Of course, sometimes franchises are the best way to expand without incurring capital, that's why some businesses go down that route.

Beware, that some businesses just run franchises - that to make money from the franchisees and not the end product.

McD's were once called a property management company - not a restaurant chain.

The franchisor can often insist on new capital outlay to update signage, format, product etc and as a franchisee you will need to step up or risk losing the franchise.

Think and research carefully first. There are some wealthy and successful franchisees around.