Renewal of driving licence over 73 - Steveieb
A good friend who is approaching 73 had his reminder and declaration for the driving licence renewal.
The guidance said either complete on line or send the licence with a complete form.

Not wishing to send off his licence he attempted to send the health declaration on line but was refused when he pressed the send.

So in the end he reluctantly sent of his licence ahead of receiving his new one.

Has anyone an explanation for this ?
Renewal of driving licence over 73 - catsdad
I've never used the site in question but do have the odd issues with online forms.
The main culprit in my case is omissions of data from key fields that are not obvious and not flagged up when you try to submit. The just won't allow you to send.
I've also had occasions when things completed on the ipad fail so I've had to use our laptop instead (or vice versa).
Or there might have been a network or site issue at the time he tried to send.
No doubt there are lots of possible reasons.
I do find myself acting as a data input operative for an increasing number of online sites most of which have their quirks that its all to easy to fall foul of. Progress eh?
Renewal of driving licence over 73 - scot22

I didn't send my license. Everything proceeded without any problem.

Renewal of driving licence over 73 - Avant

I'm 70 in August and I've just got my new licence (lasts until the day before my 73rd birthday), having been reminded by the DVLA to apply for it.

They also told me to cut my old licence in two and send it back to them, saying that it's illegal to hold two licences at once. I though they'd wait till I sent mine back, but no, the new one arrived on the day I posted the old one.

Renewal of driving licence over 73 - madf

I renewed at 70 last year and my wife at 73 this year - both times online. No issues whatsoever and fairly fast turnround..

I suspect the problem may be human error in input.