Market Research - Nsar
Stopped in the street today by a researcher, normally I walk on but today, no. Turned out they were researching \"cars for professionals with families\".
First question was \"can I recall seeing a large family car advertised recently\". Well I couldn\'t, the only one that came to mind was the XTrail, an ad which stands out for me as I have to switch channel immediately, so much do I hate the music and the way it mixes sound levels to keep grabbing your attention (product proposition deficit maybe?)
The oddest thing was the collection of cars I was asked about
Passat
Avensis
Vectra
A4
Mondeo
and, wait for it, wait for it...Mini!?
How many Minis are sold to people also looking at an Avensis. Oh. hold on, I recently thought seriously about a Cooper and actually bought a 7 yr old A6 estate. Is it me or the marketing departments which are mixed up?
Market Research - Dave_TD
I'm not sure, but when SWMBO has done with her T-reg Mondeo (which will be in just under 3 years) she wants a Mini Cooper...
Market Research - DavidHM
My friends' father traded in his 3 year old 520i Touring for a MINI Cooper as well, basically doing a straight swap with the dealer.

And a classic Mini loving friend is seriously interested in one of the new ones as well, although he risks excommunication from the Mini fanatic religion if he does buy one.

Value my car