- HopLane

Two tips for freeing off Citigo (and up! and Mii) seized back brakes (JB, Kendal): 1) Make sure the car can't run away - in gear with engine off and / or someone in the driver's seat applying the footbrake - then put a socket extension on the hub through an aperture in the wheel and tap with a hammer - twang! You will hear the brakes release. Skoda Assistance guy did this with mine. 2) If you can park on a slope, do so such that the car will roll backwards when you release everything. With a bit of gradient, the weight of the car should free the brakes off in that direction, and very little or even no clutch action required. Hth.

Edited by HopLane on 12/05/2017 at 21:55

- HighlanderUK
AL's lost fob:

getting the key part could be done by Timpsons, but the fob needs to be programmed to the vehicle, either old school with the master key (hopefully not the one lost) so it can lock/unlock etc.

he doesn't state if its a keyless entry/start fob, as that will be upwards of £150, required proof of ownership to the vehicle manufacturer to get the part and ECU reprogramming -- just been through a similar process myself with keyless system, not much change out of £180, part costs was £90 for fob and separate key blade (that sits inside the fob), plus an hours labour to wipe and reprogram ECU.
- J.Barton
Honest John recommends not going for the 1.5 in the new MX-5. I wonder why? I was under the impression that engine was meant to be more 'true' to the car, with a sweet revving nature.