Renault Megane - Split liability accident. - Daryl-leics
Hi guys.

I'm after some advice. I had an accident on the 30th march on my way home from work and it was on a round about.
I entered the round about and wanted the take the 3rd exit on to a dual carriageway. The 3rd part entered the roundabout as I passed the 1st junction of the roundabout he was in the left hand lane of the dual carriage.
As I attempted to leave the roundabout at the 3rd junction the 3rd part continued to go around the roundabout in the wrong lane and hit my car with the drivers front corner of his car. The damage to my car is down the passengers side and extends about half way down my car.

We both pulled over and after discussing the accident he accepted liability as he admitted he was in the wrong lane and wanted to continue around the roundabout. No wistnesses as no one stopped! We exchanged details eventually which Ill be honest I didn't think was going to happen as the 3rd part wanted to go and discuss things more and possibly pay cash for repairing my vehicle which I was not up for! Anyway things sorted we both went on our way.

I obviously raised a claim with my insurance company Hastings direct as soon as I got home. A week passed I'd heard nothing so I did a little chasing and so did my insurance company. Who found out the 3rd party now was disputing liability even though they were still admitting to being in the wrong lane.
Unfortunately I was on holiday for the next two weeks so I wasn't able to push things further.
When I returned I found a letter from the 3rd parties insurance company (direct line) dated from before I went away accepting liability.

Just over a month on I'm still stuck in the same place of a disputed liability claim. Even though I have a letter of admission.

What can I do? Any advice would be great as I'm really frustrated and starting to pull my hair out.

Hope this maked sense

Regards.

Daryl.
Renault Megane - Split liability accident. - Daryl-leics
Just realised I've posted this in the wrong section.

Sorry
Renault Megane - Split liability accident. - Stanb Sevento

In my limited experience of there thing I suspect this is a Knock for knock situation where your insurers pay for your car and his pays for his and you both pay your excess. He was wrong being where he should not be and driving contrary to the highway code and you should not have driven into the path of another vehicle.

Hopefully some one has more expertiese than me.

Renault Megane - Split liability accident. - bathtub tom

Seems like knock-for-knock to me.

The OP would have had to move left one lane and exit the roudabout at the same time, they should have moved left one lane after the exit before the one they wanted. The other car could have been in either lane if going straight on.

I've a problem with folk exiting roundabouts onto the outside lane of a dual carriageway and not then making progress. Often find myself undertaking them.